Monday, July 21, 2014

Why Even Preach The Gospel?

"Why even preach the Gospel, if all are going to be saved eventually?"

Are you freaking kidding me......? Is the a real question? 

How many times have you heard this question after telling people that Christ was actually a success?

This has got to be one of the most ignorant questions I have ever heard. Now, I am not trying to be abrasive or offensive, because I too have asked this question when I was first presented with this message. But, come on!

There are a couple of reasons to preach the Gospel now, and yes, even to the point of risking your life as Paul did.

One reason is because the more people that receive and believe this message, the more people that will have eonian life and will be reigning in the Celestials with Christ. Yes that is a great reason to be telling others the Good News of a triumphant Savior. This alone should motivate us into action.

However, there is more reason than just that. 
There are people out there right this very moment, ice cold to the core with fear, balled up tight and rocking back and forth, staring at a computer screen for hours and hours a day searching for peace. They are absolutely terrified that they are not going to make it into heaven. They are tormented from every single thought that seeps it's way into the very depths of their mind, telling them that they will never be good enough to enter heaven. Telling them that they will never have enough faith to be saved. Tearing away at their sanity chunk, by chunk. There are people shaking so hard with fear that their teeth are breaking. Their palms are damp and chilled to the bones. They cry tears of agony and torment every night until they are finally carried off into the night, praying never to wake again. Maybe even scared that if they die in their sleep they will awaken to eternal flames of agony and an experience even worse than what they are going through right now. There are people that want so desperately to end their own life because of the fear of endless pain and misery, but are too afraid to pull the trigger, or slide the blade, or jump from the chair. Because, if they do... it will only be worse on the other side. 

These people have no hope. No escape. They are trapped in this life, the lesser of two evils. They may have others around them that love them, but they can't feel that. They can't feel anything other than the fear that consumes their mind, every waking moment. The fear of knowing that God Himself is the One responsible for such a place. 

What can they do? There is no changing God. His mind is made up. 

I know that these people are out there today. 

I know this, because I was one of these people. 

The message of Grace and the Salvation of All, brought me back to life. I was not living when I was in that state. No. I was strapped to a cold, flimsy mattress in a psyche ward. I was injected with tranquilizers just to calm me down enough to put even more medicine in me. 

If it weren't for people preaching the True Gospel, Paul's Gospel, I would either still be strapped to that bed, or in a more expensive bed awaiting my resurrection. My wife and kids would be alone. I would have never seen my children grow. Hear them laugh. Hold them when they cry. I would never again tell my wife that I love her. My kids would have no dad to come to. 

The reason we need to still share the Gospel, is because.... I am not the only one that has been there. There are others right now, standing on a chair, or holding a razor, or grasping for a gun. 

All they need to hear is this:

"Christ was successful."

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time that i came across such kind of problems people go thru. Surely your work is unique. May the Lord deliver His people through this message from His Servant!
    Lord Please fill this message with your Power and deliver the suffering ones Lord. Give them Hope in you that You are the Perfect Saviour. In Jesus Precious Name I thank and pray. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly powerful words, Chris. Keep up the good work, bro!

    ReplyDelete