Friday, July 25, 2014

Christian Terrorism

So I am sure that all of us can agree that Muslim Jihad's actions are appalling. But I would like to say something that might upset a few people. And that is this.... At least their victims are dead.

Now don't get me wrong, I still think what they do is horrid and detestable. Murdering innocent people by the thousands is heinous. But like I said, at least the immediate victims are dead. Gone. Asleep until the resurrection. 

Christian terrorism is far worse. The doctrine of eternal conscious  torment is down-right sadistic. The victims of this teaching (and I mean victims, as in people who have truly thought about unending pain and agony) are tormented day and night for their entire lives!

The doctrine of unending misery and burning is an outrageous affront to our God's Sovereignty and the fact that God is Love. To believe such a doctrine is to believe one of two things:

1. God isn't Sovereign.
      -God wants everyone to be saved, but ultimately human               will trumps the "Almighty's".

2. God isn't Love.
     -God doesn't want to save everybody. Only His elect.


There is terrorism in each of these horrible thought patterns. When I believed in free will I was terrorized by the thought of not measure up, not having enough faith, not repenting enough, and sinning too much.

When I learned about God's Sovereignty but not yet about the salvation of all, I was terrorized by the thought that The God Almighty had no intention what so ever to save me. That He created me solely for the purpose of feeding the flames of "hell".

Christendom's doctrine of eternal conscious torment is, in my opinion, just as bad, if not worse, than the actions of Muslim extremist's...

No comments:

Post a Comment