Thursday, August 14, 2014

True Peace

The myth of free-will seems like a nice thing at first. It makes you feel powerful and in control of your own destiny. It makes you feel like what happens in your life is in your control.  This can be comforting temporarily, until you look out in the world and see all of the chaos and violence. Until you realize that all the pressure is on you to become who you think it is that "God wants you to be." Until all the pressure is on you to save lost sinners damned to hell. Free-will is nice as long as you don't think about all of the responsibility that you have to carry. To be cheesy I am going to quote from my favorite superhero's Uncles. "With great power, comes great responsibility." One of the greatest powers in the Universe is free-will and only one Being has this power. All of the responsibility is on His shoulder's, not ours. 

When I believed in free-will, I was a nervous wreck when I would read about tribulation, persecution, and the end-times. I would walk around feeling as if there was no escape, no peace, no happiness in life. I recently read a description of  depression quoted as having 'arthritis of the soul'. How painfully accurate that statement is. The glasses with "free-will" lenses are horrific to look through. With these glasses the world has no purpose, no reason for it's actions, no plan at all and no happy ending. With these lenses the world is pointless and will end in a sadly defeated Creator who lost control of His creation and was only able to salvage a few incredibly smart and self-controlled individuals. Who were smart enough to know there was a God and self-controlled enough to live a nearly perfect life, despite of what Christ accomplished. With these lenses one can never know peace.

It is only when you truly realize that God actually does have everything under control, that you can truly relax. Yes this world sucks, yes there is chaos, yes there is persecution and yes there is death. But all of this is under the management of God Himself. God's operation is far greater than we can comprehend and when we realize that everything that is going on is in perfect accord with His will, we can stop worrying about tomorrow. Because tomorrow is also in God's hands. I just lost my job two days ago. I was really worried about this fact for he last couple of day. I thought about all of the "if" situations that could happen because of this. Then I realized that I needed to take off my free-will glasses and put on the glasses that God prescribed for me a little over a year ago, when He revealed to me the truth of Ephesians 1:11. 

I am going to leave you guys with this passage that has comforted me in times like this. I hope it comforts you as well! =)

25 `Because of this I say to you, be not anxious for your life, what ye may eat, and what ye may drink, nor for your body, what ye may put on. Is not the life more than the nourishment, and the body than the clothing?
26 look to the fowls of the heaven, for they do not sow, nor reap, nor gather into storehouses, and your heavenly Father doth nourish them; are not ye much better than they?
27 `And who of you, being anxious, is able to add to his age one cubit?
28 and about clothing why are ye anxious? consider well the lilies of the field; how do they grow? they do not labour, nor do they spin;
29 and I say to you, that not even Solomon in all his glory was arrayed as one of these.
30 `And if the herb of the field, that to-day is, and to-morrow is cast to the furnace, God doth so clothe -- not much more you, O ye of little faith?    -- Matthew 6:25-30

1 comment:

  1. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
    Dear Christopher!, I urge you to complete this Wonderful understanding you explained...by elaborating what God taught you through Mat6:33

    ReplyDelete