Sunday, August 24, 2014

Seared Conscience?

If only I would have read this passage in context back when I was in church! I was always taught that a seared conscience meant that I no longer felt guilty or bad for either doing something I knew was wrong or not doing something that I knew was right! THAT IS WHAT I WAS TAUGHT! I was told that if I kept committing a particular sin, then eventually I would no longer feel God convicting me and trying to help me to stop sinning!

That is nearly the opposite of what the passage I am referring to is saying! Here is the passage: 

"But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.…"

(Emphasis mine.)

The ones with seared consciences here are the ones trying to still enforce the law, instead of living in grace! But what really stick out to me here is that they are the people teaching doctrines of demons!

What does it mean to have a seared conscience then? 
My thoughts on what it means are this, having a sensitive conscience means you feel for others, you care for others, you want what is best for others and you won't be satisfied until everyone is happy and safe.

It takes someone with a truly seared conscience to be OKAY WITH THE FACT, THAT GOD IS GOING TO TORTURE MOST OF HIS CREATION IN BURNING AGONY FOR ETERNITY!

Only if your conscience is seared can you accept this heinous doctrine of demons! Only someone with a seared conscience can wake up, casually drink a cup of coffee and go through out their day without a care in the world believing that 80% or more of the people they come into contact with that day will be burning in never ending torment after they die!

To take it one step further, I believe that there are people that may have no conscience left at all! People that hold to a Calvinist theology have seared their conscience so much that there is nothing left! 

Simply put: Eternal Conscious Torment is a Doctrine of Demons!

No comments:

Post a Comment