Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Tomorrow Doesn't Exist.

Jesus told his disciples not to worry about tomorrow. This is a very hard thing to do in the midst of this eon. With all of the stuff we see happening all around us. Ferguson is a little over an hour away from me, I never thought such chaos would ever happen near me. Regardless though, it is happening all over the world. The Middle-East being the primary source of chaos. However, this is all part of God's plan. 

A thought occurred to me while I was listening to a song called Chandelier by Sia (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM). I recommend you watch and listen to this song. Mostly to one line that really stood out to me, where she says she is going to live like tomorrow doesn't exist.

For us, tomorrow really doesn't exist. It hasn't happened and therefore can not be in existence. Do we worry that a unicorn is going to gore us on our way to work? No. Because, sadly, unicorns do not exist. Except for narwhals, those exist. But most of us don't work in the ocean, so we don't worry about that. The reason we don't worry about being killed by a unicorn is because they don't exist. We should not worry about tomorrow for that same reason. It doesn't exist yet. When it does then we can deal with it. Until then, let's focus on today. 

4 comments:

  1. Very good thoughts! I would certainly agree, though this is much, much easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josh :). I agree about it being much easier said than done!

      Delete
  2. Don't worry about tomorrow,,,GOD is already there!

    ReplyDelete