Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hatred Toward Christianity

When I first became fully convinced about the Salvation of All, I'll be honest, I was extrtemely  bitter toward Christianity and it's followers. I was angry that they caused me so much much pain and suffering. I then set out to argue with Christians and to question their beliefs. Which in itself is not wrong. However, I didn't do it solely to spread the truth. Part of me (a big part) just wanted to win an argument, I just wanted to show that I was right and they were wrong. I wanted to wage war against "Christians" who caused me to literally go insane. I was determined to prove them all wrong, and this is okay at a healthy level, it motivates you into action, however, I was consumed with hatred. That is not what Christ would want. I listened to a couple of audios from James Flanders (http://www.jamesflanders.com/3/post/2013/01/open-arms-romans-141-14.html and http://www.jamesflanders.com/3/post/2012/11/seeking-god-or-seeking-to-win-an-argument.htm). These were eye opening audios and they really made me think about my stance toward Christians. I know they mostly have good intentions, and that they are only doing God's perfect will. They don't know what they are doing. Jesus prayed for these exact people while dying on the stake. "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." If that was Christ's attitude towards the apostates, shouldn't that be ours too?

No comments:

Post a Comment