Friday, November 13, 2015

Appendicitis

So, the Scriptures mention us believers as being in the Body of Christ, right? Some of us are arms, some legs, some rock-hard abs, and some killer glutes. And then there is me, at times I look around and see all these awesome members of our family and see how strong they are, how dedicated they are to study. How compassionate they are and how generous when another member is in need. Then I look at myself and feel like I am not doing nearly enough to be a useful member of the body. I classify this as "appendicitis". What the hell is an appendix for?? I mean seriously, it sits there and takes up space only staying alive because the rest of the body is. At times it needs help from the other members and it get that help. It is grateful, yes. But at the same time it feels pathetic and useless. Sometime the appendix can get so bad that it even needs to be removed from the body. If this were a possibility within the Body of Christ. I feel certain that it would happen to me at times.

I can go months without writing in this blog, or reading from scripture. I get so distracted with how busy my life can be that I never remember to take time to nourish myself with the words and teaching of Christ and the Apostles. Does this ever happen to you? Do you ever feel useless within the body? If so I understand completely. But, please, don't get discouraged. We all have moments where the rest of the Body is needed to help us. And as useless as an appendix is, God put it there for a reason. Sometimes we just don't know why yet.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Chris, thanks for this example. I feel this way often. You put into very short words sometimes years of feelings. Keep the faith and keep moving forward in Christ!

    ReplyDelete