Sunday, June 26, 2016

It Is Finished

I was asked by someone, fairly recently, "What do you teach your children, like how do you raise them in believing in the Salvation of All?" At the time I just kind of told him a few different things of what I thought and also mention that my children are quite at the age to even understand a word of what I am saying. Now, however, I know exactly what I am going to do. I think it is exactly what we should be doing for everyone we meet, not just our children.

Tell them the Good News. That is it. Tell them that although we were sinners, Christ died for us, was buried and rose again. He did everything there was to be done, nothing more required. Leave it at that. Say nothing more. Go on about your day. Why? Because anything more causes doubt and complicates things. If they believe it, GREAT! Their life will be so much easier without the constant condemnation felt by those who feel that God is just waiting for them to mess up their salvation. If they don't believe it, tell them again. I never TRULY believed that Christ did everything while I was under the threat of ETC. In fact, I never fully believed that my salvation was secure at all! It wasn't until I realized the fact that Salvation was ACTUALLY accomplished over 2000 years ago, by Christ alone, that I couldn't f*** it up!

The greatest peace I have ever felt in my life was shortly after coming out of the psyche ward and the moment, and boy was it apparent, that  I FINALLY got it! It finally clicked! I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MY SALVATION! IT WAS 100% accomplished fully, utterly, completely, without fail, by Christ over 2000 years ago. I don't know about you but I haven't come in contact with a time machine in order to travel back and change the past. We can never change the past, what's done is done. You can never be unsaved, because.... "IT IS FINISHED!"

Rest in that fact. Speaking as one who knows how tormented you can feel wondering if you will make it, or if you have ENOUGH faith to be saved or if you can lose your salvation, please, PLEASE know, that it was never up to you. And you know what the funny thing is? Once you give up trying to "muster up" faith to believe and you realize and accept that Christ already accomplished everything on your behalf and that NOTHING can change that, then... you end up having the faith you were trying to muster up to begin with. And the truth will set you free... Trust me.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Chris Schlack.
    Why will Aaron not explain Isaiah 54:1-8. A.V.
    It is because he is a coward blocking those who prove his errors.
    Shame on him for his literary abuse of Martins affirmation on Philippians 2: 5-8 being the pre-existence of Christ.
    Love you.
    David.
    See, hushedtillnow.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete